Saturday 25 May 2013

And the winner is......?

Not me!

Unfortunately I did not repeat my successes of last year and went home empty handed from the final camera club meeting of the season, apart from a 'highly commended' certificate for 'Remains of the Jetty' and two of my other entries were short listed.

Far from being disheartened I am delighted with my results this season. I may not have carried away any trophies but I did finish second in the Print League and third in the Projected Image League. Given that I was only promoted to the 'A' division this time last year, I am surprised to have done this well.

The new season will start again in September and I shall continue to do what I most enjoy in the meantime. Being outdoors and making the images which give me so much pleasure.

Yesterday was a good example of how I like to spend my time. I needed to go down to Dorset, so having completed all the jobs I had to do, I pointed the car in the direction of Lulworth  and in particular headed for Durdle Door on the Jurassic Coast. This 'iconic' spot is much photographed but I have only visited this location once before a number of years ago when a) I was not very well and b) I had not caught the photo bug. I recovered from my illness but I can't shake off the other bug I am pleased to say!

Durdle Door
Durdle Door

The weather was very mixed, one minute clouds, the next minute blue sky and some much needed sunshine of early summer. It was cold for the time of year as well but this was a distinct advantage to me, as it discouraged people from being on the beach.

On the eastern side of Durdle Door is a lovely cove which forms part of St Oswald's Bay. From here you can look down the coastline towards Lulworth and another famous beauty spot in this part of the world - namely Lulworth Cove.

As the shower clouds passed through the light caught the cliff face which resulted in the image below.


St Oswalds Bay
St Oswald's Bay

Dorset has so many wonderful areas to explore with a camera, so I am sure it will not be long before I re-visit this very special part of the world.

Whether or not these two images go forward for as competition entries next season remains to be seen, for now I am just happy to have added them to my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment