Thursday 3 October 2013

Experimentation and still time for tea!

Although I still have a number of images to process from my walk along the South Downs Way last month, there is always time for a little photographic experimentation and a cup of tea!

Last weekend my wife and I visited Pallant House Gallery in Chichester. It's a place we have been to before and having looked at the excellent variety of artwork on display, followed by a visit to the well stocked book shop, there was still time for a cup of tea.

Untitled
Table and chairs

It was just warm enough to sit outside but the vast majority of tables were empty. Summer over and Autumn just round the corner some leaves were already falling from the trees. I didn't have a camera with me, other than my iPhone which can of course produce some good results. Many months ago I had downloaded the Flickr App, but never used its camera or choice of effects. I started to have a 'play' as I was drawn to the table a chairs close to where we were sitting. The 'noir' effect looked good to me as it seemed to capture something about the emptiness of the place and the onset of Autumn.

No other processing has been applied which is in complete contrast to the work I have been doing recently. I quite like the result and will probably take more shots using the Flickr App in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment