Monday 13 October 2014

Light and shade in Chichester

The Cathedral City of Chichester in West Sussex is a very special place. It also happens to be my home town; so I count myself very fortunate that I can easily photograph the streets and buildings at various times of the day without too much inconvenience.

The light at the end of the day is in my view when the city looks at its best and this entry includes a few images taken recently in and around the Cathedral. As a black and white photographer I am always looking for light and shade, contrast, texture and tone. Chichester provides me with a wealth of opportunities.


Last light in West Pallant
Last light in West Pallant

Shadows in the Cloisters
Shadows in the Cloisters

Chichester Cross
Chichester Cross

Candlelit Cloisters
Candlelit Cloisters

Light and Shade in East Pallant
Light and shade in East Pallant

Sometimes it's all to easy to forget what's on your doorstep and plan excursions far and wide to take that extra special shot. Whenever I photograph the City of Chichester I am reminded that long trips are not necessary and that the familiar can be just as rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment