Friday 30 August 2013

A 100 mile walk along the South Downs Way

For the past few months I been exploring the South Downs countryside near our home for two principal reasons. Firstly for my photography and secondly because in a few days time I will be starting on a challenge to walk the South Downs Way from Winchester to Eastbourne; a total of 100 miles.


20130706-_7060194.jpg
Boots made for walking


The walk is in memory of my sister who died from cancer at Easter at the age of 59 and I am raising funds for a community project to build a new church hall near to where we live - The St Peter Project. My companion and fellow walker will be my sister's son Ian.


20130709-_7090201-Edit.jpg
Ian and I

Donations have already exceeded all expectations and today have reached the landmark total of just over £4,000 including Gift Aid. I am truly grateful to everyone who has generously sponsored me and offered so much support.  For more information please see my Virgin Giving Money page.

Although I am a keen walker I have never done anything like this before, so hopefully I will complete the challenge without too many blisters! It will be a wonderful opportunity for me to spend more time with Ian, and to visit and photograph parts of Sussex I have not been to previously. It should provide me with plenty of material for this blog and my website alanfrostphotography.co.uk.

Inevitably though this blog will go a little quiet for the next two or three weeks but it's all for a good cause, and I am already looking forward to sharing with you many more images from this particular adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment