Saturday 8 December 2012

LRPS Distinction - I made it!

The title of this entry says it all really. After a few weeks of deliberating and getting everything ready, my panel of ten images were finally presented to the judges representing the Royal Photographic Society last Sunday. There were about thirty five entrants seeking a Licentiateship Distintion of the RPS on the day.

The judging started on time at 10.30am but I had to wait until just before lunch before my panel started to appear on the well lit display in front of the three judges and the chairperson. Up until this point the success rate had been about 50/50, so what was left of my finger nails fast disappeared once my photographs were all displayed.

After taking in the overall appearance of the panel the judges were quickly out of their seats to take a closer look. They quietly compared notes before one of the judges gave a brief summary about my work. She seemed enthusiastic so I was quietly optimistic of my chances. They returned to their seats, marked down their scores in the various categories before handing the results to the chairperson. After what seemed like a lifetime but was I am sure just a few seconds she rose from her seat and announced my name and congratulated me on passing. A customary round of applause broke out in the room and I sat back relieved to know my work had reached the desired standard.

At the beginning of the session the Chair had made it clear that any passes were only recommendations and that they needed to be ratified by the RPS Council before certificates would be issued. Until then don't go printing new letterhead she had said! Thankfully my certificate arrived in the post a couple of days ago......so its now official - Alan Frost LRPS.

Although many of the images appear elsewhere on this blog here are the final ten. They were not diplayed with titles so I will not include them here. I will just let the images speak for themselves.
Sand waves on the Isle of Eigg



20121012-DSC_0125-Edit-Edit.jpg

Spinnaker Tower

Swirling sea on the Isle of Eigg

20120526-Ploughed field3.jpg

An Artist drawing one of the Silver Arrows

20120914-P9140097-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

The trombone clown

The Rocker




No comments:

Post a Comment